“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday, May 23, 2011

What's In A Name?




Have you ever thought about what you would name your business if you started one?

For me, I put a lot of thought into what to name my Travel Agency.  At first, I wanted to specialize in cruising.  My husband and I LOVE cruising.  It's more fun with family and/or friends.  You only have to unpack once, yet you still get to see multiple destinations.  There are tons of activities on the ship during the day and you can still meet everyone for dinner at night.  So, there's the 'Voyages' part of my name and why.

When I was picking a name, I wanted something that kept my roots to my home state and where I treasure a part of my life.  Stillwater Mine was the first thing that popped into my head.  I met my husband underground and I have a lot of great memories from working there.  As  many of you know, they mine Platinum and Palladium.  What does Platinum mean to you?  I chose Platinum because it means a lot to the people of  the Stillwater Valley and surrounding areas.  It means jobs, security, revenue, and a way of life.  To me it also means top of the line, better than gold standard.  I want this to portray the value of my services offered to you,  not the cost of a vacation.  My services are free, but my resources, knowledge and dedication to your vacation is priceless.


River cruising will be one of our next adventures, in Europe.  The next phase is to incorporate scuba diving into my business plan, whether it be on cruise ships, liveaboards or resort stays.  Josh and I plan on testing the waters.... literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment